The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thirty Paintings for 30 Days - Day Fourteen

Pin It
"Stormy Weather"
Acrylic, 20" x 20" on gallery wrap.

It's wonderful to be home although six days in 80 degree weather was heaven. Our trip to watch my youngest son play volleyball was a true vacation. Lots of relaxation, sports, great food and yes ... a few cocktails! I had a very successful photo shoot at my favorite Marina in the world on Waikiki Beach!

I was back at my abstract workshop this morning. A bit jet lagged but I was very excited about this one. I brought home a painting that looked different from this one. The design was there but I really wanted to add a slight "overcoat" or "wash" of another color all over the top. I am so glad I added it because I like it so much more!

Tomorrow I start teaching a three day palette knife workshop. It will be strange to pull out my easels and not be able to paint abstracts! It looks like I will have to paint my abstract painting after the class is over. Oh my, this is going to be a busy week.

Tomorrow is a big day in the challenge. I will give you a hint ... it has to do something with being halfway done!

Check out my 2015 workshop schedule! I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta, Charlotte and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information! I am offering Online Studio painting classes every month! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife! Click here to sign up!
  www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails