The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twelve

Pin It

"Stanford Bound"
Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality panel
$200.00
Click here to purchase.

Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me

#12 - I really wanted to apply to Stanford. But my dad wouldn't let me.

He had a very good reason. We couldn't afford it. With five kids in our family and only one finished with college, I understood that we couldn't afford it. It made sense. I am pretty sure I would NOT have gotten in, anyway.

I won't tell you which college I went to as there is a good chance it might be featured next week in this Challenge. But I received a great education and learned more in those four years of college than I ever dreamed. I am so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to pursue a great education at a great university. (Even if it wasn't Stanford.)

I was lucky enough to marry a Stanford graduate and I have one son who also graduated from Stanford. I have lots of Stanford t-shirts, I cheer for their football team and if I ever decide to go back for a graduate degree, I will apply to Stanford. Better late than never.

I have two spots open in my South Pasadena workshop this month. We are painting large canvases and I would love it if you could join me! Click here for more information. Next week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife!
Click here to sign up! www.dickblick.com

1 comment:

julia masi writes said...

Appreciate yyou blogging this

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails