The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Eleven

Pin It

"Spring Peonies"
Oil, 11" x 14" on museum quality panel
$750.00
Click here to purchase.

Thirty Things You Don't Know About Me

#11 - My favorite flowers are peonies.

I am a sucker for fresh flowers. One of my favorite places to go on an early Saturday morning is the LA Flower Mart. There are warehouses full of fresh flowers in every color of the rainbow. The smell is simply exhilarating!

My favorite flowers are peonies. There is something about peony blooms that make me smile. I love them in any color. Over the years I have tried to grow peonies but the Southern California climate just isn't suitable for them. The best place to buy them is the LA Flower Mart. I have also found that  Trader Joe's has a bountiful supply of them in the spring!

I also love to arrange flowers. I own lots of vases and I am a sucker when asked to create flower arrangements for an event. I did the flowers for my father-in-law's wedding last week. But no peonies ... they are out of season

I have two open in my South Pasadena workshop this month. We are painting large canvases and I would love it if you could join me! Click here for more information. Next week I am releasing my 2015 workshop schedule. I am coming to Cape Cod, Atlanta and Richmond in 2015! Plus you can paint and stay with me in Ventura, CA at the beach house! Click here for more information!

I am also offering Monday Online Studio painting classes beginning October 2014! Join me each month as we paint boats, roosters, glass, beach scenes, umbrellas, etc. with a palette knife!
Click here to sign up!! www.dickblick.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails