The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm Stuck in the Carriage House and Can't Get Out!

Pin It
"Stuck at the Dock"
Oil, 8" x 10" on museum quality panel.
$400.00 with display easel.
OK, so maybe I have exaggerated a bit. Truthfully, I have been in my studio in the Carriage House since 8am this morning. And they won't let me in my house. "They" are actually a production company filming a commercial in my house. It's for a seasoning company and they are filming a Thanksgiving themed commercial in my kitchen and dining room. Would you believe it takes 9 turkeys to film a 30 second commercial? And about 60 crew and seven trucks? And 14 hours ... for a 30 second commercial that I will probably fast forward and not watch anyway ... 
But there could be a big bonus when they "wrap" today. I am hoping if I hang around in the front yard and look really hungry when they leave they might just leave me one of the turkeys. And/or one of the five pans of stuffing. And/or one of the 11 pies. OK, at least maybe some cranberry sauce. Because ... since they have been in my kitchen all day ... there is no way I can cook dinner tonight. I am thinking a good ol' fashioned Thanksgiving dinner tonight would be really yummy. Maybe I could even pretend I cooked it myself.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails