The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

End of The Day - SOLD

Pin It
"End of the Day"
Oil, 30" x 30"
Sold.
Now that I am finally home for awhile I was hoping the word "routine" had finally come back in to my life. Having been gone for the last four weeks and with one more trip next week I am not really sure when things will be completely normal again. Perhaps never. Life is never normal. We all know that.
When we were in Atlanta this past weekend we shared a tragedy that really made me stop, gasp and hold my breath. A tragic accident which involved a young woman killed in the crosswalk instantly by a bus makes no sense. She was the daughter of close friends of my brother and his family and when something like this happens it just knocks you off your feet. It can't be explained. It can't be accepted. And in no way does it even seem real.
As a parent it is so easy to start thinking "what if" and I have to say, don't go there. Instead be there for your friend who needs you. All you can do is be there to pick up the pieces. It takes a long time and for some, perhaps a lifetime.
So, go hug your kid today. Life is precious and don't forget to be thankful for today, yesterday and tomorrow. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails