The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Where's the Yellow?

Pin It


I am often asked why I don't paint more with the color yellow. At first I thought it was a silly question. Yellow? Of course I paint with yellow. But ... when I went back through my painting photos there were very few paintings featuring the color yellow. I also noted that my tube of Cad Yellow is by far the oldest tube I own ... and its really hard to squeeze out the paint because it's been around so long!
The irony here is that some of my favorite paintings feature yellow as the primary color. So ... although I am not adding "paint with yellow" to my list of goals (it's already WAY too long) I am making a mental note ... more yellow!
Can you guess which color I use the most?

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Le jaune fruit du soleil... nous fait vibrer dans vos généreuses peintures.
Bisous

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

When I think of you, I think of *blue*.
Blue, beautiful blue, in its many varied hues, tranquil, serene, powerful, full of peace, lovely blue....

Jerry Stocks said...

I, too, think of you as using blue and more blue in many shades. I am also thrilled to be receiving a painting featuring yellow. The color is powerful.

Pamela Gatens said...

Yellow always seems to end up being only an accent color for me - pinks, blues and purples being the main ones.
But I love your yellow boats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails