The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Mission and Meridian - SOLD

Pin It
"Mission and Meridian"
Oil, 6" x 8" on canvas panel.
Sold.

There is an adorable coffee and ice cream shop in town called "Busters" ... and the building really symbolizes the small town charm of South Pasadena. I painted this yesterday (yeah ... no summer reruns!) for a new friend who is moving out of town ... I hope she likes it. The colors in the building really are this yummy!
Although South Pasadena has 25,000 residents it really does have a sense of Mayberry RFD. What an incredible town to raise a family! I am blessed!

5 comments:

Carmel Georgescu said...

Lovely!

Gwen Bell said...

You have some really cool looking buildings in town! Love that contemporary hot pink on the 1920's store front. I'm sure your friend is thrilled with this beauty!

Marian Fortunati said...

I agree... Buster's is a wonderful place.

I painted the inside once... It has great coffee and goodies.... Perhaps I should write off all of the goodies and coffee as research..

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

All I know about Pasedena is the song "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena" - and I can't fathom why that title would make such a popular song! 25,000 is a perfect size, and this is such a nice painting to give to someone who has to leave! How generous, and how lucky she is!

Jen Beaudet said...

I really like your new paintings! I've always loved Pasadena for its charm. It's a very nice place and I bet it would be a great place to raise a family. I grew up in Redondo Beach which was pretty nice too. Things have changed a lot since then, though. Jennifer:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails