The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Flamingo

Pin It
"Flamingo"
Oil, 8" x 16" on canvas panel.
NFS

I just returned from my Girl's Night Out in Hermosa Beach. What fun! (As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my dearest friend is moving to Oregon so we all went away for the night to wish her bye-bye1). These are also the girlfriends that put the flamingos in our front yard on our birthdays.
So I thought it might make sense to paint a flamingo for my girlfriend so she would always have one, as we will miss putting them in her yard on her birthday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Girlfriend!!! I love this painting! the reflection is just fantastic. i am sure she will enjoy her flamingo for a very long time. What a great you are to her.

Erik van Elven said...

What a great present Leslie, I'm sure she'll be delighted.

Linda Popple said...

Wonderful, thoughtful gift and a good reminder of friends and good times! :-)

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely gesture on your part, and lovely painting.

RH Carpenter said...

What a wonderful going away present for your friend. Wish you lived near me so I could wake on my birthday to a flamingo in the yard! ha ha

Marian Fortunati said...

I love the fun "traditions" like that!!

It would also be a good one for the gulf disaster support painting....

Also... I wondered.... If I "like" it on FB does it click on the "like" on this one too?? Of if I like it there AND like it here does it end up as "unlike"????
One of those deep questions to ponder... LOL

Margaret said...

Wouldn't mind finding this in my yard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails