The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Great Day

Pin It
"A Great Day"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel
$200.00 unframed.

A few weeks ago I posted on my blog about how frustrated I was that I was having a bad painting day. After the day I had yesterday, I can honestly say that is behind me! Yesterday was just one of those days that I was in the zone ... and as a result I painted four paintings. Yes four paintings! And the best part, I like them all!
The painting posted above is the fourth one I painted. I started it at about 10:00 p.m. but I was on such a role that I didn't want to stop. Maybe I was afraid that if I stopped I might lose the good painting karma?
All four pantings contain my favorite subject matter (boats!) as I am getting ready for the Balboa Artwalk which is this Sunday, May 16th. I hope to see you there!

9 comments:

martinealison said...

Charmant voilier...

Susan Roden said...

Wonderful contrasting colors Leslie. Love the texture from your palette knife.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes a good painting day for you. The colors are outstanding!

Marian Fortunati said...

I can't imagine you ever having trouble painting anything.
I also can't imagine painting four paintings in one day... you're rather amazing, you know????

Dana Cooper said...

You will see me there! Hope you have a great show!!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Your colors are so rich--seeing your work in person --they are even more beautiful!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks everyone. You guys are all so nice! It was a surreal day and I hope I can have another painting day like this one soon!

Marian Fortunati said...

Hmmmmmmm.... I clicked on my sidebar link for your blog which was titled "Facebook Links" and here I am...
WHAT happened?? Although I stand by my opinion that even on your "bad" painting days, you'd paint dreamy paintings.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

You, from all people,cannot have a bad painting day.I read your blog daily, and always I feel that you are a strong happy person with strong fit on the ground and answers to any situation.Very positive girl.
Happy to read that you are normal..LOL!
Love your paintings, good luck at Balboa.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails