The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Let the Games Begin

Pin It
"Let the Games Begin"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200.00 unframed.

I ended up getting a horrible cold this weekend and so instead of painting, I stayed in bed and watched the Olympics! Although just to be clear, had I stayed healthy, I still would have watched the Olympics. I have three different TV's recording all of the coverage so I am convinced I will not miss a single event.
In honor of my complete fascination with the Olympics .... check back for daily paintings highlighting the Olympic games. Fortunately I felt better today to finish this one.

9 comments:

TheChieftess said...

Very nice!!!

Anonymous said...

Leslie...fabulous!! I love the way you caught the movement of the flag...

Anonymous said...

Hah...gotcha! I award thee with "Sunshine Award"!! Pick it up at my place (oops I mean my blog)...well you know what to do....

Karen Bruson said...

This one is fun and fabulous. Should be on a poster.

Karen Bruson said...

Hi Leslie,
No I didn't paint at all while I was gone. I was strickly working then. I am just painting them now that I am finally a full-time painter!! I took these photos while staying on our friend's sailboat on Martha's Vineyard.

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Leslie--such nice handling of edges and capturing the fold of the flag. I don't know how you do it --especially with a palette knife! Gorgeous..:)

Kim Rempel said...

Wow - this is gorgeous. You can feel it flapping in the breeze.

Karen Bruson said...

I left you an award. Come get it!

RH Carpenter said...

Fantastic! Love the one of Ohno and JC, too! Keep going - this is a new mine of great painting opportunities and you're making the most of them, in spite of the cold.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails