The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, January 11, 2010

A Friendly Sail

Pin It
"A Friendly Sail"
Oil, 16" x 8" on canvas panel.
$650.00 framed.

As promised, I decided it was time to paint boats again. It has been way too long and am so glad I went back to my favorite subject matter because I really like this one. I like the format (tall and skinny) and also the colors. Maybe I will paint boats again tomorrow ...
I do have quite a few entries for competitions to paint. Most are landscapes, i.e. city scenes. I will be doing a few Stanford and Palo Alto paintings in the next week so stay posted!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie... i am thinking that this is the best painting i have seen of yours yet!!!!! The colors, the composition,the reflection, the drama of it yet the calming of the water in the foreground... there is a new strength that i feel coming out of you (any comments?)...love the new size too!!! HURRAY!!!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Julie! I am really happy with it. Sometimes they just all come together! I am not sure where the "new strength" came from ... probably taking a few weeks off!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

WOW to this one.
I love them all but this is my favorit.
The colors, the reflection, the size, a very nice package.

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Irit! I agree, the colors really do work. It is fun to get lucky every once in a while.

Dana Cooper said...

It seems to be unanimous...this is a real winner on every level...nice, Leslie!

Mary Anne Cary said...

This is such a beauty, love the reflections. Size is really appropriate for slender boats. looks greeat!

Gary Keimig said...

This is a really nice painting. Love the vertical format. I have been doing a few of those myself lately and love it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Karen said...

I think this one has a really presence to it...something about the way you handled the background maybe? There is a great separation of space, and the masts seem so powerfully put down.

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

You go girl! This is a beauty--it's amazing what you do with a palette knife! This one has some drama happening along with all the other good stuff..:)

Art with Liz said...

This is terrific Leslie - the colours and that gorgeous shape. Lovely.

susan hong-sammons said...

Wow, what a striking painting. It's so commanding and strong. love it

Laurie Allee said...

This is just wonderful. And the loooooong skinny canvas really suits the subject matter of those tall sails. Lovely, Leslie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails