The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Crossing Meridian

Pin It
"Crossing Meridian"
Oil, 14" x 11", Oil on canvas panel.
$500.00 framed.

Today was one of those days that started out busy and then it all came to a grinding halt! I had two exhibitions that I needed to enter and I decided to get them emailed off early, which is unusual for me. Usually I paint in the morning and then I tend to the "busy work" in the afternoon. I also had to ship off a painting to Ironstone Vineyards for their exhibition. I finished that too. Unfortunately when I got home from the post office I realized that rain had caused another power outage in our neighborhood. Since this one lasted from 2:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. I couldn't find enough light to paint. The dark clouds outside just made my studio very dark! So, no time to paint today!
I am posting a painting that will be featured tomorrow at the South Pasadena "Meet the Mayor" Reception. The painting was selected for the cover of the South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce Connections Annual Catalog.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Ok. Enough with the rain already, right?

Nice painting and great that it will be featured. That will be fun!

Kim Rempel said...

Congratulations Leslie! Nice composition and it looks great on the cover.

Sandy Maudlin said...

What a great blog with fabulous artwork. Congratulations for your new honor, too. It's exciting to find such talent as I cruise different art blogs.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are such the South Pasadenian!!! great job on the cover art....so feel you on the rain and power outages effecting our painting world...it was a little frustrating to say the least...but wasn't it weird that our power came back on way before yours....I am guessing it has something to do with God trying to tell you "slow down" especially after what you wrote on my blog for yesterday's post entitled "Contemplation"...hmmm just a thought :)

Dean H. said...

Great composition, Leslie!
Congrats on your achievements! There are higher powers than electrical...sometimes we are given unexpected direction.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Congrats on the cover art! Looks fabulous with their banner.

I too find my best creative time in the morning and if I miss it, my whole balance is thrown off.

Karen said...

What an honor! And great exposure! Yay!

ben wideman said...

Congrats! What a cool honor.

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Leslie!..... Love your energetic knifework and your bright palette... especially in your harbour/boat pieces!Great composition to consistently unify these two strengths to your best advantage!

I'll be back to visit!

Good painting!
Bruce Sherman

TheChieftess said...

I particularly like this one Leslie!

Marian Fortunati said...

Wow... how did I miss this??? Congrats!! Very nice work and a great opportunity! Way to go Leslie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails