The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Thinking Out Loud

Pin It
"Sailing On By"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
Sold.

Today is one of those days where all I want to do is hug my kids.
This past weekend a terrible accident happened on the football field as our high school was playing in a game against a school in Palos Verdes. One of my son's closest friends was knocked unconscious on the field and stopped breathing. Fortunately there were two doctors in the stands that were able to keep him alive as an entire stunned group of players, fans, parents and coaches waited for an ambulance. Sadly, he suffered a blood clot in his brain. He quickly underwent a very elaborate but successful surgery. Although he is critical we are all praying for a full recovery.
I can see the pain in my boys faces as they wander around the house, searching for an explanation of "why" and "how could this happen". I tear up every time I think of his parents and siblings as I can't even imagine what they are going through.
Of course I can't stop thinking how much I hate the fact that a beautiful teenage boy can be fine one day and in a life threatening situation the next. As a mother of three boys who are very serious about their sports, I can't imagine what I would do if anything like this happened to one of my own.
So ... say a prayer. And please, hug your kids today.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, as a mother, I can imagine how devastating it can be.
Shall pray for him.
Love to u & your kids.
Smita

Roxanne Steed said...

It is one of the hardest things as a parent... to witness/or be part of an accident of any sort. It changes your family forever. Hugs to you all.

FitFoodieMegha said...

Hey leslie, Really a sad incident. I will definitely pray for the boy. May god give me him long life. Take care !

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I do hope the young man makes a full recovery and send my positive thoughts and prayers across the world to you and those involved xx

susan hong-sammons said...

Hi Leslie, This is a mother's worst fear. Of course we will all pray for his full recovery. In light of your difficult weekend I'm even more appreciative of the light-filled painting you posted. It reminds me that even through the trials of life there is great beauty.

Sandra Galda said...

wow terrible story. will pray, it is so good you put out the word, I am sure the family is so happy to have caring friends around to pray and wait with them during this time.

Marian Fortunati said...

Hugging tightly with my mind and heart.

I hope he will be fine, Leslie.

Anonymous said...

Been praying for the boy...any updates to report?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails