The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Just Outside of Dubrovnik

Pin It
"Just Outside of Dubrovnik"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
Sold.

I am still having fun painting pictures from our trip to Europe. Croatia was such a magical place. Unfortunately we had a bad experience once we took the tender into Dubrovnik. On the day we were there ... two other ships were also in port that each held 3000 passengers. So the town was ridiculously crowded and the heat was at least 95 degrees! But the little bay had some beautiful boats and I was able to capture this photo. It sure looks a lot more peaceful in my photo! Our favorite sight heading back to the ship was a water polo court in the ocean ... we even saw a team practicing.

2 comments:

diane schaefer said...

What a beauty! This painting just takes my breath away. I just love your color palette.

Sorry to hear about your experience inland. But your loss is our gain!

Gwen Bell said...

Love that brilliant green! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails