The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Boats on the Bay

Pin It
"Boats on the Bay"
10" x 8", oil on canvas panel.
Sold.

One of the great things about family reunions is the one on one time with my nieces and nephews. I painted this one with my two nieces nearby. I have just been informed by my niece Lindsay (age 8) that I actually do not paint with a palette knife, rather I paint with "a mini pie cutter". My niece Erin also provided a lot of advice while I was painting and she (and her dad) actually helped me name the painting. I have a good feeling that tomorrow the three of us will each be completing a painting. I can't wait! And I promise to post them all!
I love vacations ...

6 comments:

Bobbi Heath said...

Gorgeous! And so much fun to paint with interested family. I bet they learned a lot about seeing the world from watching and advising. And teaching always teaches the teacher.

Karen Bruson said...

Great job painting with your mini pie cutter. Lovely colors and composition, as always.

Gwen Bell said...

Another beauty! I really love all the vertical lines in this. Those few splashes of bright red add so much interest. You're really on a roll.

Great news on all the work coming your way from the blog! (read that a few posts down on yet another fabulous painting.)

Becky Drees said...

The blues are perfect. I love it!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous color Leslie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the painting Aunt La. I loved watching you paint it, and I miss you already!
Love, Lindsay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails