The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Fair Oaks and Mission

Pin It
"Fair Oaks and Mission"
Oil, 11" x 14" on canvas panel
Sold.

This painting is one of the landmarks here in South Pasadena. It is a cute little pharmacy that has an old fashioned soda fountain ... also the home of my oldest son's first solid food ... ice cream! Oh ... what a terrible mother I was back then ... but no worries ... he turned out ok. I finished the six additional paintings for the show and this is one of them. Now they are drying before I start framing ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece. These cityscapes seem impossible for me. So much information to interpret and so much activity around with traffic and pedestrians.

Nice work.

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Leslie

Would love to see the show in person--what a wonderful group of paintings--I have a feeling they are all going to fly out the door and you will be forced to chain yourself to your easel to get caught up again....! I wish you great success. Love this new street scene as well--very nice handling of lots of information.

Dana Cooper said...

I know this colorful corner and you did a lovely job portraying it! Good luck with your show!!

Betker said...

love your work, this one really caught me this morning, with the beautiful lilac hue! thanks for sharing all.

Pam Holnback said...

Good luck w/ your show. Love this corner scene. look forward to more street scenes from you!!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

I love the feeling of this work. Wonderful color and harmony. Best wishes to you for your show.

Bill said...

Love the color/texture in your works; Bill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails