The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daily Painters Gallery

Pin It
Oil, Birthday Boat #5
Of the 27 boats I painted in my "marathon", this one was the one that "stuck out" the most. As my younger sister put it "It looks so lonely"! I was tempted so many times to go back and "add" something to the painting. Someone suggested I add oars, another suggested I paint another boat in the background. I finally just decided to leave it alone. Because alone it is ...

A good thing happened today ... I got an email that I was selected to join the Daily Painters Gallery. I haven't quite figured out how to make it all work but I am very excited!

6 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

I like the "blurriness" of the reflection here!
Congrads too!!!!!

Roxanne Steed said...

Hi Leslie - Welcome to Daily Painters.com!! I've enjoyed seeing your work!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

I'm so glad you left it alone - so peaceful by itself. The bit of orange in the buoy anchors it visually as well as physically. Lovely!

Pam Holnback said...

Congratulations!! You'll figure out how to make it all work!

Marian Fortunati said...

Congratulations!!

Good things keep on happening to you... and deservedly so!!
(We'll forget that one day...)

Kathleen Harrington said...

Alone is good. I really like the perspective of this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails