The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, April 17, 2009

A Little Bit of a Break

Pin It
Balboa Market II, Oil 14" x 11"
So, the school fundraiser is over (it was a very successful event!) and now I can relax for a day. On Sunday I have 50 coming over for dinner. A family event. I know I am crazy but I can't say no. I also finished the commission. This painting has a very romantic story. It's new owner met her husband on Balboa Island on Topaz Street. His birthday is today and I think it is a very sweet gift!

12 comments:

Victor Bauer said...

Beautiful, Leslie! Love your colors.

Jill Berry said...

Cool painting and story.
I don't know how you juggle so much at once!

Peter Lee said...

Hi Leslie,
It's nice! I'm sure the owner's husband would be so pleased. What a great idea for a birthday gift!
By the way, did you use only your "killer knife?" but nothing else on this one? How did you do the lettering for the signs? That's just amazing.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Very serene colors - love the story and the painting.

I always say... if I have to clean my house for 1 guest, I might as well invite 50! Have fun and hope you can relax afterwards!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

A very nice piece. They will treasure it and fight over who gets to keep it after the divorice.

Sandra Galda said...

wow you are a super mom. what a good story to the commission! this has a nice composition to it in addition to the wonderful brushwork you do! The large patch of yellow building looks so coolnear the touches of primary color signage!

susan hong-sammons said...

wonderfully fresh painting. What a great gift.

Jala Pfaff said...

50 for dinner? OMG!

Leslie Saeta said...

Peter - I forgot to mention that YES I DID USE A BRUSH for the lettering in this painting. I tried to limit it to the knife but is wasn't working the way I wanted it. Good catch!

Karen Bruson said...

Leslie, Great painting. What a nice gift! Hey, what's for dinner? Oh, and, thanks again.

Marian Fortunati said...

VERY romantic...

You played cupid very well!!!

John Vander Stelt said...

Really like how the shapes of the building break up the piece into a great composition. Nice job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails