The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reflections III

Pin It
Reflections III, Oil 8" x 6"
This painting is for sale.
I painted this yesterday and I think I will enter this one (as one of three submissions) for the small works art juried competition this weekend. I am not sure why I rarely use red in my paintings when the color is so fantastic in paintings. I need to use it more often! I know that I keep mentioning that I like to paint boats ... but actually ... I like to paint reflections. Not boats, reflections!

4 comments:

Dewberry Fine Art said...

That red boat just sings. wonderful feeling and composition and handling of the paint. Inspiring!

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks Dori! As I mentioned in my post, I really need to use brighter colors in my paintings. I am working on another one tonight ... keep your fingers crossed ...

Kim VanDerHoek said...

WOW! Your composition is strong, your reflections are spot on, the rich bold boat colors are great and the rigging is the eye candy I live for in a good painting! This is so good!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I love this painting! I can't believe how good you are! It seems like just yesterday when we were working in Hawaii and you would paint in your room during a break! You are amazing! Louann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails